Litigation Associate – Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (Miami, FL)
We have an immediate opening in our Miami office for a Litigation Associate with 3-5 years of experience. Previous commercial litigation experience is required. Are you ambitious, driven, hard-working, dedicated, committed, ready to rise to challenges presented to you, dedicated to exceeding expectations and interested in honing your litigation skills and becoming a superstar litigator while working side-by-side with a busy group of commercial and complex matrimonial lawyers? If so and you are anxious to gain hands-on experience taking depositions, arguing in court, and gaining invaluable trial and appellate experience while becoming an expert in the Rules of Procedures and the Rules of Evidence, our Miami office wants to meet with you. We are looking to work with a 3-5 year litigation associate that is ready, willing and able to take charge of cases, take an active role in developing and implementing legal strategy and takes pride in delivering exceptionally thorough and persuasive legal memoranda, analysis and reasoning. Candidates must have excellent academic credentials, strong research and writing skills and be admitted to practice in Florida. All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample.
If you are excited about this opportunity but still have questions, contact Kerri S. Haley, Recruiting & Development Administrator, at email@example.com.
Carnival Corporation All Brands/Corporate Legal Department
BASIC PURPOSE: The objective of this position is to serve as an attorney in the Carnival Corporation All Brands/Corporate Legal Department. Primary responsibilities focus on the review and negotiation of contractual agreements on behalf of Carnival Corporation and its affiliate companies.
- Provide legal advice, support and assistance on corporate business transactions and projects including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, port development and similar corporate transactions.
- Provide legal support in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual agreements, including service agreements, licensing agreements, credit card and payments related agreements, port berthing agreements, strategic partnership agreements and supplier agreements.
- Provide support on financing transactions as needed, including ongoing compliance matters.
- Supervise and manage special projects from time to time.
- Interact with various brands and business units in addressing legal concerns and issues.
- Review and update various company policies and procedures.
This position works closely with the All Brands Group departments (including senior management), as well as the relevant departments at each operating company, to provide timely and effective legal counsel. This position mostly works under moderate supervision and the individual in this role must be comfortable making decisions as to contractual language and providing legal advice to business teams. The individual in this role must be efficient, organized and capable of managing multiple projects at the same time. Additionally, this role periodically must present before senior management.
Report to General Counsel of Carnival Corporation & plc
Education: J.D. degree from an accredited law school and member in good standing with the Florida Bar.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with a major law firm and/or as in-house counsel with experience in commercial transactions. Knowledge in finance and securities regulations is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong analytical, negotiating, writing and communication skills. Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple high priority matters at any given time. Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal) required. Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite. Team player who can also work independently and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary where sitting is required most of the time; walking and standing are required occasionally. Visual acuity is required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading documents, reports and emails.
Travel is intermittent (~10 – 20%).
Position will be located at Carnival Corporation’s headquarters in Miami, Florida. Work beyond normal business hours is required occasionally to support business needs or projects.
Magistrate – General Magistrate Division
This is highly responsible professional quasi-judicial work, making findings of fact, arriving at conclusions of law, conducting hearings in a circuit court and making rulings on Family matters. Work typically involves conducting hearings to inquire into such matters as may be referred by a Circuit Court Judge. A report or recommended order is prepared for entry by the referring judge. The General Magistrate’s powers and duties are performed within the framework of applicable state and local laws and court rules.
Presides over referred court hearings; reviews court calendars and case files prior to scheduled hearings; grants continuances; reads or listens to allegations and determines if action cited is supported by facts; hears and evaluates evidence of witnesses and technical experts; listens to presentation of cases; rules on admissibility of evidence and methods of conducting testimony.
- Schedules cases and conducts hearings and rules on pre-trial matters; conducts final and post-judgment hearings.
- Conducts legal research including reviewing, analyzing, studying, searching, and annotating laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs and related legal authorities to prepare for court proceedings and litigated matters; keeps abreast of Florida law.
- Reviews orders of referral. Prepares court orders, reports, and recommendations based on evidence and findings and transmits to judge.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences with judges and attorneys on disposing of legal matters and other problems that arise in the processing of cases; gives opinions and recommendations.
- Supervises office clerical staff that performs calendar preparation, filing, phone work, mail, and preparation of court orders.
- Attends and participates in lectures and workshops. Reads professional journals and updates of case law to stay current on regulations and statutes governing family law.
- Performs related work as required.
For more information or to apply click here.
LEGAL SERVICES OF GREATER MIAMI, INC.
Staff Attorney – HIM Unit – MAIN OFFICE
Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., (Legal Services) seeks a staff attorney with a commitment
to and passion for the rights of low-income clients. The attorney will be responsible for his or her
own caseload and will be required to conduct client intake – both on the phone and in-person and
home visits, as well as community education and client outreach events. The attorney will
represent clients mainly in administrative hearings, including unemployment compensation; draft
legal memos; and represent clients with public benefits cases, including Medicaid and Food
Job description is available at our website. http://legalservicesmiami.org/who-we-are/careers/
Legal Services is accepting applications from barred attorneys as well as recent graduates.
Bilingual capability (Spanish or Haitian Creole) preferred. Excellent benefits and salary. EOE. All
applications consisting of resumes, cover letters detailing your interest in working at Legal Services,
and writing samples must be submitted via email to Papps@LSGMI.ORG.
NSU Law is Recruiting Adjunct Professors
The Shepard Broad College of Law in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. is currently seeking candidates for adjunct faculty position for a variety of both on-campus and online courses.
Our current needs are described below, and we would be happy to provide additional details to interested candidates.
Anyone who may be interested in being considered for one of these positions should contact Richard Grosso, Professor of Law and Chair, Adjuncts Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-6140.
For more information click here.